The following is a series of tasks that ALL new cadets must complete after becoming a member of Civil Air Patrol and before participating in activities.
Register Account in eServices
- Must have valid CAPID Number to Register
- go tohttp://www.capnhq.gov
- Click link under FIRST TIME USERS, Click here to activate account
- Enter Last Name, Last 4 Digits of SSN, Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY), and valid email address used on CAP membership application
- Click Register (or Submit)
- Check your email for a new message from National Headquarters CAP that will contain your temporary password.
- Log-in to eServices with provided password. You will be prompted to create a new password
Complete OPSEC Training
After registering, the first time you log into eServices, you will be required to complete
OPSEC (click here for details). Please be sure to complete this ASAP. If you have any questions, please contact your Flight Staff. Upon completion of OPSEC, it may take up to 24 hours for it to be recorded and for you to be able to log back into eServices.
Complete Introduction to CAP Safety Course
- Log into eServices
- Select Safety Management System (SMS) from left side menu
- Select Online Safety Education
- Select Introduction to CAP Safety Course and follow instructions to complete training
- Click above to go to EO Training Login (must be registered in eServices)
- Enter Last Name and CAPID
- Click link to review EO Training Slides
**At end of presentation, you must attest to completing the EO Training
Ensure eServices contact information is complete AND accurate
While in eServices, please take the time to ensure all of your information is complete and up to date. Be sure to add your own and your parent contact information using the following instructions:
1: Log Into eServices
2.Under My Info, Click “Review/Edit My Info”
3.On Left, click on Address Information
3a.Verify Correct Address Information
4. On left, Click Contact Information
4a. Ensure you have at least the following contact information:
* Home Phone
* Cell Phone (if Available)
* Cadet Parent Email
* Cadet Parent Phone (cell phone if available)
4b. Add multiple Parent Emails and Phones if you need to
4c. To Add an item, At top, select Type, then select Priority, Then Enter contact (this is the phone or email)
5.On Left, Click Personal Characteristics
5a.Verify ALL appropriate information is up to date and complete
Lastly, under General Info, PRINT TEMPORARY CARD to print a temporary CAPID card to keep with you at all times until you get your regular CAPID card in the mail (within 30 days from join date).
Be sure to let your Cadet Flight Commander know when you have completed all of the above items.