Cadet Promotion Requirements
Every promotion has requirements. In order to progress through the Cadet program, each Cadet must complete certain tasks. Civil Air Patrol has a document with every required task here: Cadet Super Chart.
Alternatively, members may download the Individual Record Chart below (PDF or Excel Spread Sheet) and fill in their own information of when they completed tasks and promoted to certain achievements. This chart uses all of the information from the Cadet Super Chart and includes all items that Cadets need in order to finish each achievement. You can print it and put it in your CAP binder, on your wall at home, or wherever you will see it often to remind yourself of what you need to do to promote.
Cadets should also remember that completion of all of the requirements does not mean the Cadet will be promoted. There will be a promotion review board for every achievement which will determine whether or not the Cadet is ready to accept the additional responsibilities.
The following are some statistics of how many Cadets obtain the awards available in Phases 3 and 4 of the Cadet Program.
Mitchell Award: 15%
Earhart Award: 5%
Eaker Award: 2%
Spaatz Award: 0.05%
Here are the requirements for each achievement from the National CAP Website:
- Achievement 1: John Curry- C/Amn
- Achievement 2: Hap Arnold- C/A1C
- Achievement 3: Mary Feik- C/SrA
- Wright Brothers Award- C/SSgt
- Achievement 4: Eddie Rickenbacker- C/TSgt
- Achievement 5: Charles Lindbergh- C/MSgt
- Achievement 6: General Jimmy Doolittle- C/SMSgt
- Achievement 7: Robert Goddard- C/CMSgt
- Achievement 8: Neil Armstrong- C/CMSgt
- General Billy Mitchell Award- C/2d Lt
- Achievement 9: Flight Commander- C/2d Lt
- Achievement 10: Administrative Officer- C/1st Lt
- Achievement 11: Public Affairs Officer- C/1st Lt
- Amelia Earhart Award- C/Capt
- Achievement 12: Leadership Officer- C/Capt
- Achievement 13: Aerospace Officer- C/Capt
- Achievement 14: Operations Officer- C/Maj
- Achievement 15: Logistics Officer- C/Maj
- Achievement 16: Cadet Commander- C/Maj
- General Ira C Eaker Award- C/Lt Col
- General Carl A Spaatz Award- C/Col